Wikilajme:Portali i komunitetit
- en: Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.
One year Albanian Wikinews[redakto]
Hello Albanian Wikinews editors,
congratulations, today it is now 1 year since the sq.wikinews.org subdomain was created. From the Wikimedia Incubator & Language Committee, we would like to get some feedback from newer wikis about their situation.
We prepared some questions about what we would like to know. Feel free to answer as many of them as you like.
- How has activity developed after the subdomain's creation? (in comparision with the situation on Incubator)
- Is it now easier to be found by new users? How was the reception of the new wiki: in media maybe? in friends/family circles?
- Were your exceptions in general fulfilled or not?
- Would you have done something in a better/different way in hindsight?
- Is there anything where you say 'This should have been better during the testing phase (Incubator, Langcom)'?
- What was nice/easy/desirable on Incubator? :-)
- Hello MF-Warburg! As the only active editor here I'm going to answer your questions!
- Activity on Albanian Wikinews is very low. For the moment I am the only active contributor here.
- I think that after subdomain's creation it is easier to be found by new users. However we do not have enough users.
- In general, my exceptions were not fulfilled. I excepted to have a lot of users editing this project. I don't think that Albanians don't like this project but they do not know about it.
- No, I have never said that.
- On Incubator you could become a test-administrator easily.
Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.
This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement in two weeks if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. John F. Lewis (diskuto) 12 prill 2014 21:16 (CEST)
Wikimania 2015 scholarships[redakto]
Wikimedia Polska Association will fund up to two international scholarships to this year's Wikimania conference, to take place in Mexico City, on July 15-19, 2015, covering air fare, conference fee, accomodation and insurance. See here for information on how to apply for the scholarship, what the requirements are and how to contact us. Feel free to distribute this message to any relevant Wiki pages and mailing lists. On behalf of the WIkimedia Polska Scholarship Commitee, Wpedzich (diskuto) 24 Shkurt 2015 20:06 (CET)
- Dear Wikimedians, Wikimedia Polska Association has made a decision to fund two more scholarships for this year’s Wikimania, to be hosted in Mexico City 15-19 July 2015. The procedure is identical to the one described here, so if you have not applied, but meet the criteria and would like to attend WIkimedia’s biggest international event, please submit your application until April 23, midnight. Kind regards, Wpedzich (diskuto) 19 prill 2015 09:38 (CEST)
Wikimania 2016 scholarships[redakto]
As every year, Wikimedia Polska Association is accepting scholarship requests for this year’s Wikimania, to be held at the Italian town of Esino Lario, June 22-28. The scholarship encompasses travel expenses, accomodation, insurance and the possible conference fee. Please submit your requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org from March 14, 00:00:01 (CET) by March 27, 23:59:59 (CET). Up to two international scholarships will be funded. The scholarship request, submitted in English or Polish, ought to contain:
- short description of your activity within the Wikimedia movement, your real name, your global username or local usernames, Wikimedia activity outside project editing (including local chapter activity), prior input into the Wikimedia conferences, especially international ones;
- information about your desired participation in the conference: planned or submitted lectures or other activities during Wikimania or its associated events;
- information about your forecast activity in pre- and post-conference activities, with the justification for participating in these non-core conference activities;
- declaration of your command of English sufficient to actively participate in the conference;
- information about the international airport closest to your place of residence;
- declaration of being 18 years or older; in case of younger applicants, 16-18, a scan of a parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to the participation in the conference;
- the information on citizenship(s) held;
- agreement to provide and process your personal data (name, address, bank account details, passport number) if the scholarship is granted. Please, do not provide these personal details in the application itself, apart from your real name.
Wikimania 2017 scholarship programme[redakto]
Following the tradition of previous years, Wikimedia Polska Association has launched the ’’’Wikimania 2017’’’ scholarship programme. One international scholarship will be awarded this year, for the conference which will take place in Montreal, Canada, August 9-13. If you meet the requirements described in the ruleset, you may submit your application by April 7, 2017 to the email address provided in the ruleset. With kind regards, 18.104.22.168 (diskuto) 21 mars 2017 18:25 (CET)